John took some photos of a large BISF (British Iron and Steel Federation) estate of houses in Harrow Weald. The estate was once the Cedars Council Estate. These are the roads that are in the area inside the square made by Hutton Lane, Boxtree Lane, Uxbridge Road, and Courtney Avenue. Many of the homes have been sold off and are now re clad.
Many thanks to John for his contribution.
Comments about this page
The BISF houses were part of the permanent prefabs programme. There were 35,000 built of type A! between 1944-50.
best wishes, Jane
In which year were the BISF houses built?
Add a comment about this page